Thursday 21 February 2013

#thereisnoband #thereisbandmerch



Greville and the Tombstones are so alt-goth they don't exist. There is literally: No Band.

Then I invented #rockcraftsaturday last Saturday when I put on a rock t-shirt and took out 4 coloured felt-tips and invited great friend of the band, craft genius and resident Greville and the Tombstones' artist @jaffne round.

So!

Encouraged by @warriorgrrl and inspired by her utterly fab gloom-pop She Makes War merchandise, here now is the first foray and range of Greville and the Tombstone band merchandise.

Because - and I cannot stress this enough - what is more alt-goth than having actual home-spun merch for an imaginary alt-goth band?

How about a Greville and the Tombstone designed plectrum?

 
None of these have never strummed a guitar. And you can take that guarantee to the Bank. How the bank teller will react to you telling them this, I cannot guarantee.
 
I would like to say I could see the band throwing them out to the enraptured audience, but as we do not do gigs I have not tried throwing genuine Greville and the Tombstones plectrums at anything resembling an audience yet, but when I do, I am sure it will be a delight for the bus passengers on my morning bus commute.
 
How about a some Greville and the Tombstone @jaffne original hand drawn art for any wall in the home?
 
 
Seriously, how cool and alt-goth is that?
 
Finally, how about something for the mantelpiece or office desk?
 
The picture on the kids FIMO mini-kit I bought suggested we could make a sheep
 
And this is, almost certainly, only the beginning. I will post more merch as it is created.
 
Fans should look out on Twitter for future #rockcraftsaturday news on more merch.
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: