Monday 23 October 2017

Terminal agitation




I wrote this fast in a bath. Greville and the Tombstones appear to take the most melodramatic baths.

This is:
Terminal agitation

I cling to the side of the pool.
My naked body in supine pose of the tormented Jesus.
Knuckles grooved rivets.
A fleshy sac: loose yolk exposed.
My modesty slapped in oil.  

I consider dying.  

It's been two summers.
It’s been so much longer now.  

I wanted ovations.
Men punching the air.
Women falling into arms.
To be beautiful forever.
I wanted certification of life.  

I consider dying.  

I’ll not find ways back.
I’m alright with how I am now.  

Blood lacerated in the dance.
My hair, slippery and lank from the steaming pool.
Hanging willow branches.
Creating little concentric ripples.
Vulnerability coiling fingers.

I consider the pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment