Friday 17 September 2021

Sleazier than a misused religious metaphor



I've tried to write something hot. I'm not sure a graveyard poet with an imaginary gothic band can "do" hot. But here's my go.

This is...
Sleazier than a misused religious metaphor



Across the sticky floor, stepping out a Fujifilm
"Give me a Quick Fuck"
Teasing the F out of a lower lip bite.
Bartender pours a shot of something like
Green cough syrup.
Neck exposed in the swallow.
Maneki-neko 
 Clinging to a white-T
Under, cartoon words:
"I purr if you stroke me"
Shoes that never take themselves off.
Desirous fingers always to unclasp the buckles.
Unthread the straps.
Bare footed walk into the last call black cab.

Across sticky lips, over Jesus and Mary Chain tape:
"Give me little deaths"
Smoke mixed with your breath blows
slow into my mouth on the beat of the vowels.
Try to look like I don't care for it.
Nylon to cotton.
Merlin to Morgan le Fay.
"My tongue will weave you to incantation as it takes little lives away"
Nothing more religious
Than truth telling when we consecrate the grave.
Flesh to flesh.

Across your body wearing Chanel number six. 
"Unclip me from my crucifix"
Sleazier than a misused religious metaphor.
Slithering down and round and lower.
Untied snake gold chains slip loose ends.
Let's dig our bones
Up from the soil of Eden
Let's smear each others' make-up and get to it.
In the greased embrace
Arches and eyerolls collide into energy lit
as anti-matter.
Because nothing matters.

Across a night clutching you tighter than shrink-wrap
"I love fucking darkness"
I imagine the words dripping off your shoulder.
In air thicker than smouldering fume diesel, hair touches
Sweat of the night
Glistening in the ambient light.
We can see the shapes of you and me through the nebula
As it settles on spent things.
And discarded clothing.
Like a polished adder stone
Falling through a hole in a pocket
Into a black stream.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment