Sunday 15 September 2013

The Mermaid See Blues

Unicorns were so last album. That's not what the kids want no more. Now Greville and the Tombstones is bringing Mermaids back.

Yeah - all about the mermaids with the alt-gothic kids.

Here is the first tuneless song for the second not real album by an imaginary alt-gothic band:


The See Mermaid Blues

My soul down as a shipwreck
Shoals of demons swim above
The sunken treasure of my love
I swam through, sweet mermaid,
Seaweed the deadly nightshade
Of sea-witch brew
Wanting to be with you, dear
But far-off stars you wish upon
Are merely fluorescent plankton

Your big eyes paler blue
Than any love so true
That could ever be
I didn't see
They were the bolt not the key
Your sea chest,
Davey Jones locker

I thought you were so attractive
But it was just the refractive
Nature of the water
Oh Yeah, oh yeah
It’s a curse
I see mermaids

No comments:

Post a Comment