Tuesday 17 May 2016

Artwork by Jeanie Laub

I am very lucky to know some amazing people through this blog. One of those is the talented artist Jeanie Laub, living in Edinburgh.

I've appreciated Jeanie's art for some time, attending her gallery exhibitions, and I was terribly nervous when we finally met this year. I barely uttered a word!

Jeanie has unveiled a work which incorporates my poetry (an excerpt from Seven Deadly Sorrows).

It was unexpected and I am utterly thrilled. I am incredibly touched and love the piece very much.

Although I cannot tell how much of the drawing was inspired by me, each of the beautiful elements in the artwork resonate in me. I feel that it captures something of me, a feeling both disorientating and wonderful.

I hope one day to be able to visit it when exhibited.

I hope Jeanie won't mind me sharing it here for admirers of the band.

Never in my life thought I would inspire art. I will be forever grateful to Jeanie that I have.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment