This is... Against testing animal fighting.
Nothing. Nothing.
No thing. No thing. No thing.
Not a thing.
Empty. Empty.
Empty me.
I'm slipping. Detaching. Moving to Heaven or Hell.
Ethereal. No, no:
Ephemeral.
I might be a different person.
From the one who I let imagine
I might be in a different place.
From where my body has been laying.
Below honeysuckle and bees.
Sugar cubes stirred into my cup of tea.
Effect from cause.
Against testing animal fighting.
Placebo cube pill stirred into my cup of tea.
As long as we're taking something
We can be artificial.
Guilt is the only thing left for certain.
Feels like the only thing left that's real.
Only thing that's not an equation.
That's the gospel of travelling Preacher Johnny Fishbone.
I heard on the telephone he's setting up his folding church
Just out of town under beams of broadcast static.
I want to believe. Just not believe in that much.
I heard on the commercial he's handing out tickets to the Rapture.
Offering those who go a legacy software patch.
I heard on the grapevine he's wearing a pastel blue suit
With a golden tie and boots.
I heard on the Ouija board.
About what he's feeding his congregation.
He's talking in computer beeps and bops.
He regards them as data that's corrupt and lost.
Accept the Jesus cookies.
We are damned as predator and blessed as prey.
Servants of God and Kings of home.
Let me put a counterpoint like a driven pickaxe into bone.
Your existence is proof enough for me of no Divinity.
On the thatch ground.
Wildflower of the scrub.
Far from indoctrinations hanging on the wire.
I was led to the reflecting pool.
Led to the colour, led to the prose.
No telling how deep it goes.
I was shown Pan. Not for the prospecting of gold.
But to discover shimmering desire, between the gleaming stones.
To find something to behold.
Stings bite differently once you are submerged.
Bodies strain differently once you put your head under.
Meanings falter differently once you dissolve them.
Then no one taught me how to swim.
Compelled and repelled at falling in
The cubed water disturbed by a tail and fin.
Birdsong echoing like church bells in a thundering sky, above.
Someone take me in.
It's not a baptism.
It's a splash of shock of the sublime.
Your existence is proof enough of no Divinity.
Neither of yours nor of mine.
I can show you the horror of mankind:
God visits whether we are present or not:
We are only witnesses of time.
A eyeball sun rolling, shade in lashes, iris alien botanica flowering,
That's what I'm offering.
No comments:
Post a Comment