Thursday 20 September 2012

The Final Frontier

With all the recent talk of mars rovers and such like, it seems amiss I don't have a song about space or something for the album (#thereisnoalbum #thereisnoprogspacerockgoingonitiftherewas). Got keep up with the times to appear relevant to the youth. I decided to rectify this, promptly, with this song which I have called:
The Final Frontier


[some spaceship sound samples]
Momma with the space helmet, hey, are you ok?
There’s wires going in you and tubes going out you,
Leaking your essence away
The space screens’ glow, I’m worried they show,
Your vital signs are too low,
Without checking, I wonder if you know
Momma with the space helmet, hey, can you hear me?
You’re as cold as a space vacuum and lonely as an empty room,
Weak as low gravity
Oxygen dial at ninety-nine, through pressurised line
Just breathe, you’ll be fine
I wish seconds were longer in time
Momma with the space helmet, hey, can you switch boosters on?
You’re drifting away and I’m frightened to say,
Contact soon will be gone
A panel warning alarm, we cannot disarm,
Beeping out “you’re in harm”,
No panic, the experts are calm
Momma with the space helmet, hey, no more can be done
When you blasted off through and the sky was so blue,
I hope you had enough fun
They are powering down, you’re starting to drown
Still, in your hospital gown
Space helmet: a terrible crown
Momma with the space helmet, hey, it’ll be alright
I already miss your bright fire and I’d be worse than a liar
If I said I didn’t think of you that night.
Because I looked up to the sky, through telescope eye
I saw the stars and tried to count every one
I thought some might be satellites 
And I thought about you.
[inaudible radio transmissions from space stations]
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment