Thursday 18 October 2012

No, we are not "one of those air bands"! We're a complete figment of the mind! Apart from the girl now.

When we left it last, I was involved in a tug of bands with actual proper band, Einstein’s Wardrobe, over a new, real, band member. They had a number of advantages: They, crucially, are a non-imaginary band and I had to wait until a new moon for a naming ceremony to be conducted by a Native American chief.

A grand Battle of the Bands at the local US high school appeared the only solution.

But then another way was found. Apparently committing to a fictitious band isn’t much of a commitment. Being in my band and gigging with Einstein’s Wardrobe is entirely feasible.

So I am delighted to reveal my good friend has decided to lend her sweet voice equally in actuality and un-actuality by joining both bands!

With regards to Greville and the Tombstones, my friend gets:
  • Tombstone name
  • Band member badge - just as soon as they arrive, they are totally coming, seriously
  • Is able to talk about “being in the band” and all the kudos and cool this obviously brings
In return, I get:
  • To imagine her whenever I want as part of Greville and the Tombstones, either singing or tambourining or just chilling in the independent coffee house of my brain

Which, when written down bullet pointed like this, makes my side of the bargain seem a little creepier than I necessarily meant it to be.

Anyway...
So with this agreed the naming ceremony could be taken. On the 15th of this month of October, it was.

“You enter this tee-pee @Gillybiscuits, but whatever the chief says next when he sees you behind the tortured flames will be your Tombstone name when doing band things…”

Say what you see Chief man...
 
Hmmm. If only I could make this announcement with any more of a building grandiose flourish.



And so with this, Greville and the Tombstones welcomes and introduces now, for this first time, to the fans:
She Scoops Out Owls For Hats
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------

AND! In a bit of added news for Gothic alt-fans! She Scoops Out Owls For Hats will be singing in my mind and yours on the upcoming non-single, The Unicorn Song!



No comments:

Post a Comment